Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Best of Ringling 2008


Hey everybody, good news today. One of my sumi brush drawings was selected for display in the best of ringling show this year. I'm going to have to start doing more of these, at least a couple every day or so. They go so freakin' fast, and it's incredibly fun. Look for more sumi sketches on the way. I'll also be posting a couple in progress works for my thesis in a few days, and I'd LOVE any sort of crits or comments you could give me. Oh, and thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Kyler Dannels said...

Ahh, fuckin loved this one, I'm glad it got in - congrats man! I know it's probably personal taste, on my part... But I personally find the energy you are getting in this kind of a thing a lot more exciting and interesting than the approach you take with the more photo-realistic rendered pieces. It might be a good experiment/challenge to explore ways of combining the two interests/processes into some full color finals. Just a thought.